Best wishes for the festive season.
If you’re still shopping for Christmas presents then be sure to check out our All Stock Page where you can view every piece of pottery and collectable we have for sale. We have a wide range of genuine Troika pottery for sale, retired PenDelfin rabbits and PenDelfin artwork and leaflets and some brilliant OO gauge models and trains to name bit a few pieces!
So, if you are still shopping for Christmas then please note our last posting date for UK orders before Christmas is:
THURSDAY 20TH DECEMBER 2012
Our last posting date for International orders has now passed.
If you’re trying to find out a little more about a piece of pottery you own or a figurine you have on your window sill then books are often great resources.
On our Perfect Pieces website we have a section called BOOKS where we have reviewed some of the many books we own or have used over the years. These include a mixture of Collectors’ Guides, Pottery reference books and many others so it’s definitely worth checking out to see if any of them are of interest or use to you. We don’t tend to use Price Guides as these can quickly go out of date so can be misleading when looking into the value of an item.
We’ve reviewed books covering everything from Troika Pottery, PenDelfin Rabbits, Art Deco, 1950s ceramics, Crown Devon Pottery, Denby Pottery, Moorcroft Pottery, Teapots & Coffee Pots, Clarice Cliff to name just a few!
If you have any suggestions of books you’ve used that you think are particularly worth while then do drop us a line and we’ll review them and let everybody else know about them.
To All Our Visitors
There’s just one week left until Christmas Day, so if you’re still shopping for Christmas presents you haven’t got long!
If you’ve been umming and ahhing about what to purchase then why not take a look at our View All Stock page? On this page you can glance at every antique and collectable we currently have for sale – makes shopping with us very easy!
At the moment, you’ve still got time to purchase from Perfect Pieces if you pay instantly by Credit/Debit card. We’ll be posting parcels until Monday 19th for 1st Class Recorded items and until Wednesday 21st for Special Delivery parcels.
If you’ve got any questions about an item, about our postal dates or on how best to get the item to you without the surprise being ruined then just – get in touch!
The latest Perfect Pieces Newsletter is out now. This is our Christmas Newsletter for 2011 and includes all the important information to do with Christmas orders – our Christmas postal dates!
If you want to receive our newsletter by email each month then simply fill in your email address at the bottom of the Newsletter page and you’ll then receive our newsletter as soon as its been published!
Happy Reading & Merry Christmas!
It’s the first of December and everyone is well and truly counting down to Christmas Day now! For those of you doing your Christmas shopping at Perfect Pieces here are our last postal dates for delivery before Christmas*:
- Special Delivery Items: WEDNESDAY 21ST DECEMBER 2011
- 1st Class Recorded Items: MONDAY19th DECEMBER 2011
We will despatch ALL items to you within ONE WORKING DAY on the run up to Christmas!
ALL items require a signature on delivery so please ensure you’re in or have time to collect it from the Sorting Office if you’re not.
Usually, if we receive your order and cleared payment before 3pm on any working day we will despatch you item to you that day. If for some reason we’re unable to meet this we GUARANTEE to despatch your purchase to you within ONE WORKING DAY of receiving your cleared payment on the run up to Christmas 2011! Note – If you’re paying by UK cheque then we have to wait 5 working days for UK cheques to clear before posting items out.
*Please remember – whilst we will pack and despatch you purchase to you efficiently and on-time we cannot be held responsible if Royal Mail deliver later for some reason or if you’re not in to sign for the parcel and it is taken to the local sorting office.
With just over a month until Father Christmas makes his way down everyone’s chimney there’s not much time left for Christmas Shopping. Shopping here at Perfect Pieces is easy – here’s our step by step guide to help you through it:
- Browse the Perfect Pieces website either using the menus on the left to select the Pottery you are interested in or simply click the View All Stock link in the top menu bar and browse our entire range!
- Once you’ve found an item you like, click on the image to view more photographs and details of the item. (You’ll be able to view something like this, click here…)
- If you’d like to buy the item simply click on the bright green button, Buy Now, and it’ll be added it to your shopping basket.
- Now the hard work is done, you’ve chosen your gift!
- You shopping basket will now be displayed to make you purchase simply click Proceed To Checkout where you’ll be shown a summary of your order including any postal charges.
- All you need to do now is select your payment method. If you’d like to pay using your Credit/Debit card we take you payment using PayPal – PayPal is very secure and doesn’t require registration to make a payment. Simply click on the button and this will take you to PayPal where you’ll be able to view your order summary again and make your secure payment with your card in a few very simple and safe steps.
- Alternatively, if you’d like to pay by UK cheque or are an overseas buyer simply enter your details in the form at the bottom of the page and click Submit Order. You’ll then receive a confirmation email from us – DO CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER IF YOU DON’T SEE ANYTHING FROM US IN YOUR INBOX. We’ll be in touch with you by email with details on how to make you cheque payment – we usually get back to you within a few hours.
- And THAT’S IT, YOU’RE DONE!
If you have any problems or any questions then the simplest thing to do is get in touch with us and let us know, click here…
Here at Perfect Pieces, we notched up our second ever television appearance last night – or at least, a piece of our stock did.
We have previously sold items to a Bargain Hunt team and last night one of our Ruskin vases appeared on the BBC Antiques Master program. This show, in case you haven’t seen it, is a kind of Mastermind for antiques – contestants have to answer questions on both their specialist antiques subject and on a wide variety of other antiques. They are then gradually eliminated to leave one winner, who will go through to the final of the series. It is presented by Sandy Toksvig with expert advice from Eric Knowles.
Last night’s episode featured our blue Ruskin Pottery vase in the final round of the show – a ‘fingers on buzzers’ round where the final two contestants battle it out. The Ruskin question did not relate specifically to our vase; the two contestants were asked in which decade the Ruskin Pottery was founded (the 1890s). Both contestants got it wrong unfortunately, but we knew!
The vase in question is a fairly late piece of Ruskin that is undated but probably dates from the 1920s. It has an impressive bulbous shape, stands 9″ tall and is decorated with a mottled matt and gloss blue glaze.
Antiques Master is on BBC2 on Monday nights at 8.30pm – last night’s episode can be viewed on iPlayer until the 29th August – click here to see our Ruskin vase on Antiques Master.